Good morning and welcome to Week 3 of the the Healthy Lifestyle Challenge!
Are you ready to add another healthy habit to your daily routine? I sure hope so!
TODAY’S CHALLENGE, which is also our WEEKLY CHALLENGE is to:
Eat breakfast everyday within one hour of waking up.
Starting your day with a healthy breakfast gets your metabolism revving and can help you make healthier choices all day long.
According to The Huffington Post, when compared to non-breakfast eaters, people who eat a healthy breakfast:
– are 4.5 times less likely to become obese
– are more likely to have good blood sugar levels
– have a decreased risk of Type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease
– are less likely to be hungry later in the day
– feel more energized throughout the day
– have better cholesterol levels
– eat approximately 100 fewer calories each day than breakfast skippers
– have improved short term memory
– consume less fat and more nutrients
Healthy breakfasts – like healthy lunches and dinners – consist of four things:
1. Protein – an egg, Greek yogurt, protein powder
2. Whole Grains – oatmeal, who,e grain cereal or toast
3. Fruits and/or Vegetables – berries, avocado, spinach, grapefruit
4. Healthy Fats – nut butters
Here are links to some of my favourite healthy breakfast choices
Eat Clean Cottage Cheese Pancakes (scroll down)
There are also a TON of smoothie ideas and recipes on my blog – just click on the green smoothie challenge tag on the left.
Let me know how you make out this week. And please share your favourite healthy breakfast ideas in the comments section below.
And don’t forget to continue to drink your water and get 30 minutes of exercise each day!