Todays Blogger Challenge Question is: What are your 5 favourite workout songs and why?
The timing of this post is perfect. I am starting to run again (as I train for the Niagara Falls International Half Marathon this October) and my playlist is in desperate need of an update! I didn’t run with music while training for The Toronto Women’s Half Marathon in May, and before that it had been a LONG time since I ran at all, which means super old songs on my iPod.
Here are 5 songs that I am definitely going to be adding to my updated playlist: (Warning: it kinda sounds like the playlist of a 12 year old girl, but oh well, the songs are fun, and keep me going…and that’s all that matters, right?!)
1. What Makes You Beautiful – One Direction
2. Fun – We Re Young
3. I Like How it Feels – Enrique Iglesias Feat. Pitbull
4. Call Me Maybe – Carly Rae Jepsen
5. You & I – Sweat Box
What are your 5 favourite songs to workout to?
Im super excited to take part in The August Healthy Living/Fitness Blogger Writing Challenge being hosted by Janice over at the Fitness Cheerleader.
Each day for the month of August, I will write a post on a specific topic, link it back to Janice’s blog and read and comment on other like minded bloggers posts. Not only does this challenge give me 31 days worth of blogging ideas, but it is a great way to meet other bloggers and find new blogs to follow.
It all starts tomorrow! Stay tuned!
This month I was super excited to have my first ever Foodie PenPal experience.
I’m sure you are probably wondering what the heck is a Foodie PenPal? Well, it’s a program created by Lindsay at The Lean Green Bean, in which bloggers (and non-bloggers) send a food package to someone and receive a food package from someone else. It’s a great way to meet other bloggers and discover new blogs.
This month I received a package from Tina.
Tina is from Newfoundland and sent me some delicious local treats including Bakeapple tea (which I am sipping at as I write this post), two kinds of homemade fudge, and a package of Jam Jams.
I also received a package of SunRype FunBites and a Vega Whole Food Vibrancy Bar. The Fruit Bites were a hit with my daughter and I was actually surprised at how good the Vega Bar was!
And my most favourite part of the who package was the Dark Chocolate Bar…straight from France! I was a little hesitant to try the chocolate bar because I’m not a huge fan of dark chocolate…but it was sooo good…and good for you!
Thanks so much Tina for making my first Foodie PenPal experience such a great one!
If you are interested in becoming a Foodie PenPal, just click on the stamp above and it will take you to Lindsay’s blog and the sign-up page.
I just came across this awesome motivational Nike commercial and thought I’d share it. Here’s to finding your greatness!
1. My little man is on the move! Tanner started army crawling this week. He’s only 6.5 months old…Yikes! Time to start baby proofing!
I took a video of it and would love to show you, but I can’t seem to upload videos on wordpress…not sure why…any suggestions?
2. I got my sweat on tonight! For the first time in almost 8 weeks, I actually sweated at the gym! I did a BodyAttack class tonight – don’t worry mom, I only went about 75% – my foot felt awesome, but man am I outta shape!! I look forward to slowing building up my endurance and the impact so I can get back to team teaching and get my certification video done. My new goal is to submit by August 31st.
3. We are headings the zoo tomorrow! Probably not the greatest day to go since it’s suppose to rain in the afternoon, but Ryan is super excited and has been patiently waiting for me to get my boot off so we can go. Don’t want to disappoint! Let’s hope the rain and thunderstorms hold off until at least noon or one so we can see a few of the animals!
I’m off to watch Big Brother…hope you have a great night!