Oops, totally forgot yesterday was Monday! Oh well, let’s get motivated!
Have a great week!
Hello everyone! Happy Friday!
How has your week been? Are you following through with the daily challenges? We’re getting close to the end… I hope you have adopted a few new healthy habits and that they have become part of your healthy lifestyle 🙂
TODAY’S CHALLENGE is to:
I’m a huge believer in the Clean Eating lifestyle…here are some of the reasons why…
Clean Eating promotes (source)
And a decreased risk of (source)
Happy Wednesday! Hope you are having a fabulous day!
This week is flying by…can’t believe it’s Wednesday already!
I usually forget to take pictures I everything I eat in a day, but not today! I’m super pumped to join Jenn over at Peas an Crayons for What I Ate Wednesday!
A mixed berry smoothie with skim milk, Greek yogurt and protein powder. Totally forgot to add the chia seeds, hemp hearts and ground flax seed, oops! Next time!
After my 3 mile run, I wolfed down 2 Eat Clean Honey Peanut Butter Cups and some strawberries.
Lunch was leftover Spaghetti Squash with Chicken, Pears and Parmesan.
After my workout I was starving! Unfortunately all I had left to eat were plain old carrot sticks. They did not hit the spot 😦
Hubby made a yummy dinner tonight. Ham, bacon-cheddar scallop potatoes and broccoli. Yum! I love it when I don’t have to make dinner 🙂
Yep, that’s a wagon wheel! I haven’t had one of these since elementary school! I could not resist buying a box at the grocery store last night, lets hope my husband eats the other 7 or I’m going it have to do a lot of running to burn them off!
Overall today was a pretty good food day – minus the wagon wheel. Packing a lunch and snacks definitely helped me stay on track. I wish I would have brought a little bit more to snack on. I’ll have to remember that for Friday.
Do you pack a lunch and snacks to take to work?
I’m in desperate need of healthy snack ideas, please share!
Today is Day 1 of the Elf For Health Holiday Challenge and today’s challenge is to prepare a meatless meal.
So, for dinner tonight we had Pesto Pasta with Fresh Veggies and it was delicious! I first had this dish last summer while visiting my sister and her family at their cottage. Not only did I taste amazing, it was quick and easy to make, and it’s healthy – my kinda meal!
Interested in making it….here’s how:
3/4 box whole wheat spaghettini
2 tbsp Classico pesto sauce
2 cloves garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
Fresh veggies – peppers, broccoli, asparagus, snow peas, (or whatever fresh veg you like)
1.Heat frying pan
2. Add pesto sauce, garlic, olive oil, and a splash of white wine and the juice of 1 lemon.Mix well.
3. Add fresh veggies and cook for 5 minutes on med-high for crisp veggies
4. Pour over drained pasta in pot and heat for 2-3 minutes on low to combine it.
5. Add Parmesan or asiago cheese and salt and pepper to finish.
I love the idea of eating a least one meatless meal a week, so meatless Monday is going to be a regular thing in our house. With that, I ask…
What are your favourite meatless dishes? Share your recipes (or link up) in the comments section below!
Do you have bad habits that are preventing you from reaching your goals?
If so, now is the time to replace those bad habits with good ones. It’s surprising how small changes can make huge differences. Check out how cutting down on your consumption of pop, eating breakfast, and getting more sleep can help you reach your weight loss goals.
Are you a pop drinker? Do you drink 1 or 2 cans a day? Let’s do the math on that….a can of pop on average, has 150 calories (Source), if you drink 1 a day, thats 54,759 calories a year. At 3500 calories per pound, that’s a gain of 15.64 pounds in just one year. Crazy! Replacing just can of pop a day with water can really help you reach your weight loss goals. Small Change = Big Difference!
What about breakfast? Do you eat breakfast everyday? If not, you should start… Breakfast skippers consume 40% more sweets, 55% more soft drinks, 45% fewer veggies, and 30% less fruit than those who eat breakfast. (Source)Eating breakfast also helps speed up your metabolism for the rest of the day by up to 10%! (Source) Don’t have time for breakfast? Check out this easy, healthy and delicious breakfast idea that will keep you satisfied until lunch time! Small Change = Big Difference!
Are you getting enough sleep? Short sleepers (those who get 6 hours or less a night) on average eat about 300 more calories a day than those who get a full nights sleep. They also have slower metabolism and higher levels of cortisol – a hormone that increases your appetite. (Source) Getting more zzz’s can help you shed up to 30 pounds a year. Small Change = Big Difference!
Time to make some small changes!
I’m super pumped to be waking up to deliciousness!
I just spent less than 5 minutes making this recipe from He & She Eat Clean (actually, I cut the recipe in half, otherwise I’d be eating this stuff f.o.r.e.v.e.r!) and tonight, while I’m getting a full nights sleep, my crockpot will be prepping some delicious Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal!
Now this might seem a little silly, but I’ve set my timer for 8 hours so I don’t overcook/burn it! It’s all set to come on at 10:30 tonight and shut off at 6:30 tomorrow morning…I hope it works!
With breakfast taken care of for the week, I’m off to bed!
Have a great week everyone!
Have you ever made crockpot oatmeal? Do you have a delicious recipe you can share?
What about other crockpot breakfast ideas?I’m always looking to easy, healthy breakfast ideas!
Happy Thursday everyone! I am super pumped that the weekend is almost here, and the fact that its a long weekend…well, that rocks!
This week my three things have to do with me being on the right track. Here’s the scoop:
1. I’m pretty excited about my upcoming half marathon. Yes, its still 52 days away, but I already feel like my running is getting better. Over the past two weeks, I have committed more to my training program, and I can honestly say, it’s paying off.
I was super nervous about last nights hill training…I hadn’t run hills in probably 5 years, and the hill we chose to run is almost half a kilometre long! 5 repeats, a 1k warm-up and a cool down back to the car – we ended up running a total of 5.75 km. Not bad, and the craziest part…I enjoyed it!! Yep, I liked running hills… my times got faster each repeat and at the end I felt like I could have done one or two more…Bring on next week – 6 repeats 🙂
2. I made a couple of super clean eating treats. Yesterday I spent about an hour in the kitchen and made Banana Cocoa Chip Muffins from Ingredients of a Fit Chick ; as well as some Cocoa Bites – both are delicious, low calorie, and easy to make!
3. This weekend I will be doing my second full BodyAttack class in preparation for submitting my certification video. Last Monday’s class went really well and I’m hoping for much of the same – with some improvements – for Saturday. I haven’t decided if I’m going to video tape yet…I guess I will have to see how I’m feeling about it all Saturday morning. I would totally kick myself if I do awesome and don’t record it!!
Well, that’s all for now, gotta go practice my BodyAttack script…then cut the lawn…do some laundry…and figure out what we’re having for dinner…
Have a great day!
It’s been another crazy busy week and I totally missed yesterday’s Three Things Thursday post…so, here it is today 🙂
It’s been about a week and a half since I wrote this post about how meal planning and scheduling workouts is absolutely necessary if I’m going to reach my goals of eating clean and exercising regularly. So, here’s an update on how things have gone (although I did not post a plan for this week, I did make one – and have pretty much stuck to it :))
1. Menu wise, things have went pretty much as planned. Here are a few pictures (and recipes) for the meals I prepared:
Grilled Chicken, Asparagus and Peppers
Pork Kabobs with Cucumber and Tomato Salad – oops, totally forgot to take a picture of this one! Its a Supperworks meal – super easy, clean and really good!
Greek Feta Burgers and Summer Pasta Salad – I had planned to have these burgers on Thursday night, but totally forgot how much of a rush thursdays are as we go to the gym for a 5:15 class.
Whole Wheat Pesto Pasta with Seasonal Veggies
with Guacamole and Tostitos – again, totally forgot to take a picture – but they were really, really, really good!
So that was last week, since then I’ve made:
Flank Steak and Summer Pasta Salad
Eat Clean Sausage and Pepper Penne
2. Sticking to my workout plan was easy last week, but as I’ve started to teach more BodyAttack, running has once again taken a back seat 😦 Here’s what I’ve been up to over the past week and a half or so:
I definitely need to figure out some kind of balance between Attack and running. I was suppose to start hill training this week and totally missed that workout to save up my energy so I could teach Attack. I need to make sure I get in a few key runs each week- a long run, a hill training run, and a steady run. So, my plan for success this week is: long run Saturday (tomorrow), rest Sunday, teach Attack on Monday, Rest Tuesday, teach Attack Wednesday, hills Thursday, steady run Friday, Attack Saturday, and long run next Sunday! Ok, now that I’ve laid it out, I’m pretty sure its doable! Although I’m tired just looking at it!
3. Since I also missed yesterday’s August Health/Fitness Blogger Challenge post, I’m going to throw it in right here. The topic/question….what’s the best thing that has happened to you this week? Unfortunately there really isn’t a whole lot to choose from 😦 I guess I’d have to say that the best thing about this week has been that Tanner has slept through until 6am before getting up, and Ryan – who usually wakes once in the night to find her soother – has also slept straight through. I’ve had a few solid nights of sleep and although I’m still tired, it could definitely be worse!
Oh, and the fact that Mike Boogie was evicted from Big Brother is pretty sweet too! Hehehe!
Happy Friday Everyone!
What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this week?