1. The Elf For Health Holiday Challenge has begun. We are on day 4 of the challenge and so far I have:
So far I am totally loving the Elf For Health Challenge I have gotten some great ideas for Meatless Monday meals, new workouts and awesome support from totally random people – It’s amazing!
Here’s what’s up for next 7 day’s:
It’s not too late to join in for Round 2, click here for more info!
2. I’m super excited to start the Winter 100 Challenge on Saturday. Kristen from the-running-mom has organized a challenge to run/walk 100 miles between December 1st and February 28th. Although 100 miles seems like a ridiculous number of miles to run, if you break it down it works out to just over 8 miles (about 13.5 km) per week, which breaks down further into three 4.5km runs a week. I can do that! For sure 🙂
I usually slack off with running over the winter so I’m really looking forward to the accountability this challenge holds. I will be using my Garmin to track my miles, giving a weekly update on my blog, and tweeting my progress using #winter100challenge.
3. This week’s Frosty Fitness Challenge is complete 100 push-ups. So far I have done 72 (thanks to Tuesday’s BodyAttack class) and will be finishing off the last 28 tonight after the kids are in bed. Need a little motivation to stay active as the cold weather settles in…check out Push.Pump.Progress and join Michelle in her weekly challenges. You might even win a prize!
Today is Day 1 of the Elf For Health Holiday Challenge and today’s challenge is to prepare a meatless meal.
So, for dinner tonight we had Pesto Pasta with Fresh Veggies and it was delicious! I first had this dish last summer while visiting my sister and her family at their cottage. Not only did I taste amazing, it was quick and easy to make, and it’s healthy – my kinda meal!
Interested in making it….here’s how:
3/4 box whole wheat spaghettini
2 tbsp Classico pesto sauce
2 cloves garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
Fresh veggies – peppers, broccoli, asparagus, snow peas, (or whatever fresh veg you like)
1.Heat frying pan
2. Add pesto sauce, garlic, olive oil, and a splash of white wine and the juice of 1 lemon.Mix well.
3. Add fresh veggies and cook for 5 minutes on med-high for crisp veggies
4. Pour over drained pasta in pot and heat for 2-3 minutes on low to combine it.
5. Add Parmesan or asiago cheese and salt and pepper to finish.
I love the idea of eating a least one meatless meal a week, so meatless Monday is going to be a regular thing in our house. With that, I ask…
What are your favourite meatless dishes? Share your recipes (or link up) in the comments section below!
Be a true friend this holiday season and help a friend stay on track with their health and fitness goals 🙂
I am super excited to be a part of the Elf For Health Holiday Challenge being hosted by Lindsay at The Lean Green Bean and Elle from nutritionella.
The Elf For Health Holiday Challenge is a six week challenge that starts Monday and is designed to help you stay on track with your health and fitness goals over the holidays. There are daily tasks, daily winners, prizes, weekly newsletters, and a Facebook group for support.
As an elf, your task is to support your assigned buddy with their holiday health goals and the daily challenges. You will get a new elf buddy every two weeks to keep things fun and give you the chance to meet new people.
Here is a list of some of the daily challenges we will be doing over the six weeks:
Interested in becoming an elf and joining the Elf For Health Holiday Challenge? It’s not too late, you can jump in for round 2 – click here to sign up! Just tell them Erin sent you 🙂
So, not only is this post a day late, its going to be super short! Hubby and I got in from our awesome week in Mexico just after 4 this morning and i’m really hoping to sneak in a quick nap before the kids wake up from theirs 🙂
1. I ate like a PIG!
Seriously. I ate more tortilla chips with guacamole and Pico de Gallo than I ever thought possible! And the huge fajita platter that I devoured on our dinner out in Playa del Carmen, OMG, it was sooo good! Can’t forget about all the bacon, pancakes and pastries I ate for breakfast everyday! Know what the best part was – I LOVED every bite!
2. I laid around like a SLUG!
Other than walking around the resort, a little swimming and a stroll through Playa del Carmen, I sat on my butt, read 3 books and only felt a LITTLE guilty about not working out!
3. And I drank like a FISH!
Have you ever had a blue daiquiri? I’m not exactly sure what’s it, but I think I saw the bartender throw these some blue curacao, some rum, a little lime juice and a scoop of ice in the blender – in no fixed portions – and viola – liquid blue sweet-tart…can you say YUMMO!
It was an awesome vacation, and I’d love to show you pictures of it…but some jerk stole our camera 😦
1. I’ve decided to take the Winter 100 Challenge hosted by Kristen at The Running Mom. The challenge is to run (or walk) 100 miles – 161 km – between December 1st and February 28th. Since I normally slack off in the running department over the winter, I’m hoping that participating in this challenge will keep me on track. I’m heading back to work in just over a week, which means I will be running regularly with my fitness classes and I hope to get in a couple of RUNches each week (thanks Janice for that awesome word, love it!). Interested in learning more about the challenge – click here!
2. This past week I tried RPM, a spinning class offered at GoodLife Fitness and I absolutely LOVED it! The workout was amazing – I sweat so much I actually left a puddle under my bike – crazy! So, my plan is to try and get to at least one, hopefully two RPM classes a week. There are two gyms in my area that offer this class so finding classes that fits my schedule shouldn’t be a problem…and as an added bonus, I think I might be able to hit up a class or two on my lunch!
3. I am also going to try and and hot yoga to my workout routine. I’m thinking that once a week is reasonable, since I will most likely have to get a babysitter to go. I’ve never done hot yoga, actually, I’ve never really done yoga, but I’m thinking that it will be a nice addition to my workout plan – especially since stretching is pretty much NOT a part of that plan right now 😦
Ya, so, that’s my plan. Stay tuned for updates on my progress 🙂
What are your Winter Workout Plans?