- Hi, I'm Erin. Thanks for checking out my blog! Follow me as I attempt to manage life as a working mom of two small children while eating healthy, exercising regularly and running the occasional half marathon.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
TAGS40 Day Clean Eating Challenge blogging BodyAttack breakfast Calories Cardio Chia seeds chin-ups Clean Eating Clean Eating Challenge cleanse crossfit date night De-Clutter deep thoughts diet dinner Eat Clean Eat Clean Chocolate Chip Cookies evening snack exercise family Fitness fitspiration food Friday Favourites Friends Goals Goal Setting greek yogurt Green Smoothie Green Smoothie Challenge ground flax Half Marathon Health health living healthy-living healthy eating healthy lifestyle challenge hemp hearts hill training Hot Yoga inspiration isagenix Junk Food Long Run meal planning Motivation Motivational Monday Music nutrition Oatmeal Pancake Parenting Playlist race day reading Recipe RPM Run running Scrapbooking Skinny Jeans Challenge sleep snacks stress fracture Three Things Thursday Toronto Women's Half Marathon training Training Schedule travel vacation water wellness WIAW Workout
Monthly Archives: April 2013
1. Today is day 25 of my 30 Day Isagenix Cleanse and I’m feeling awesome! I’ve noticed improvements in my energy level, sleep quality, headaches, strength, muscle tone and body fat. I can’t wait to share my final results with you! Check back next week to hear my review of the products and program!
Want to read more about Isagenix? Interested in the 30 Day Cleanse? Click here.
2. Here are a few of the awesome eats I’ve had since starting my cleanse:
3. Check out the workout I did today with my fitness classes. It was awesome!
So, as most of you know, I teach group ex classes – specifically BodyAttack – at GoodLife Fitness. Well, last night was the first Wednesday night class of the new schedule, and although it was a small class we all had a great workout and lots of fun – despite Green Shirt Guy
So, let me tell you what happened…
It’s about 10 minutes before the start of my class, I am hanging around outside the studio waiting for the BodyFlow class to finish,and chatting with a few ladies who are waiting to come to my class. The gym is fairly busy. There are a couple of guys hanging out around the studio as well, comparing workouts, getting drinks, flexing their muscles – you know, guy stuff!
Well, the flow class ends – a couple of minutes late – but it’s no big deal and bound to happen being the 3rd class of the night. Anyways, the ladies and I head in, I get the music started and get things set up. At that point, two guys walk in – one in a green shirt – who wants to skip, and some other guy – who starts setting up a step system to do who knows what. I politely let them know that the studio is being used for a BodyAttack class for the next hour, but that they are welcome to join in. Other guy gives a wave and leaves, Green Shirt Guy throws a mini tantrum and finally storms off. I then see him skipping outside the studio. Perfect – he’s doing what he came to do and so are we 🙂
About a half hour later another guy comes in – yep, in the middle of my classs – and pulls out a mat to do some stretching. Green Shirt Guy sees that this guy has come in and comes in again. I’m thinking, are you kidding me? but being a professional, I once again explain that we are in the middle of a group ex class, and if they wanted to join in they were more than welcome, but, otherwise, they had to go. We’d be done in about a half hour.
So, fast forward about 25 minutes, we’re in the middle of our stretch, and guess who comes in – AGAIN! Yep, Green Shirt Guy comes in with a few others this time. He pulls out a mat and starts skipping, another guy sets up a step and another couple are planning to do some partner stretching. I’m thinking – you can’t be serious! Really? So, for the third time, I politely ask them for a little respect, can they please give us a couple of minutes to finish up our workout. Green Shirt Guy then yells – RESPECT – and continues to shout about how we are 3 minutes overtime – that the class was to finish at 8:45 and he has every right to be in there. I apologize to my members, and continue on with the last couple of minutes of our class, trying my best to ignore Green Shirt Guy. When finished, I again apologize to the group for the disruptions, wish them a good night, and tidy up my stuff.
I then head to the back of the class and approach Green Shirt Guy. He immediately starts in – not quite yelling at me, but almost – about how he had planned to do his skipping workout and stretching in the GROUP EXERCISE studio and how he already had to wait for the Flow class to finish at 7:45, how he left his family to come to the gym, how no one does a skipping workout like him, how he was a personal trainer and, and, and… So I was like, I totally get that this is first week of the new schedule and the first week with 7:45 group ex classes, applogized for the lack of communicaiton about the new group ex hours, but that this was a group ex studio and that that’s what it is to be used for. Being a personal trainer, he would understand that. He continued to argue about how it should be ok for him to come in and do his skipping while I was teaching my class, that there was nowhere else in the gym to skip or stretch, about how much he pays to be member of the gym, was he really going to have to come in a 8:45 to do his skipping routine and saying that if he couldn’t do his skipping workout he was going to change gyms… he went on and on – it was RIDICULOUS! Every time I tried to explain why he couldn’t be in there (liability issues, respect for other people and their workouts) or when I suggested he could skip outside (what??? and ruin his rope – are you serous!!) he pretty much cut me off. Finally after about 15 minutes, I’m pretty sure he understood that he was free to do his workout elsewhere or after the group ex classes were finished. He had calmed down and somewhat acknowledged that his behaviour was inappropriate. It’s all good.
But, I couldn’t just leave it there….
I”m a pretty good skipper. I was on the skipping team in elementary school (yep, 30 years ago) and skip now and then with my fitness classes at school. Since he was going on and on and on and on and on and on about how we were messing with his skipping workout, I decided to challenge him to a doubles contest. He laughed, said there was no way I would beat him, said all the CrossFit in the world wouldn’t make me a better skipper than him – I told whatever, I don’t do CrossFit, let’s go! He then suggested a triples contest and handed me a rope. I told him I didn’t know how to do triples, so we settled on a doubles contest.
Keep in mind, I’ve just done taught a one hour cardio class.
I get started – 1…2…3…4…
He starts 1…2…3…he gets tangled in the rope.
I’m still going 5…6…7…
He tries again 1…2…3…4…5…6…7…he gets tangled in the rope.
I’m still going ….15…16…17…
He tries again and gets to 3
I’m still going…25…26…27…
He tries and fails, tries and fails, tries and fails…
I’m still going ….51…52…53…54 and then I quit.
I did 54 doubles in a row, he did 7 🙂
Take that Green Shirt Guy. I think I just earned the right to the studio. You’d better get outside and practice your skipping!
Can you believe someone would do that?
Is there no such thing as Gym Etiquette?
Happy Thursday everyone! I’ve got a ton of stuff left to do tonight so this one is going to be short and sweet!
1. I’m 11 days into my 30 day Isagenix cleanse and I’m feeling awesome! I have had the occasional slip up, but for the most part, it has been pretty easy to stick to. Yesterday was cleanse day 2 and it was so much easier than my first cleanse day! I’m feeling healthier, fresher, lighter and leaner already! And I can’t believe I’m going to say this, but I no longer hate the taste of the Ionix Supreme!
2. Tomorrow I am going to a meeting instead of work 🙂 I’m part of the organizing committee for the OFSAA Coaching Symposium, which is a conference held bi-annually for High School Teacher-Coaches across Ontario. I think this will be my 3rd year on the committee and I’m super excited to see my fellow committee members. I’m most excited to be car pooling with my friend Shannon – we used to work together and hang out quite a bit, but now that we have both switched schools and have young kids, we don’t get to see each other as often.
3. After my meeting tomorrow, I’m off for a weekend hockey tournament with my Corona Crusher girls! I have only played one game of pick-up hockey since going to this tournament last year, which was the first time I had played since having my son Tanner the previous January! Thankfully we don’t go for the hockey! Its all about hanging out, having fun, and getting a little exercise while we’re at it! My magic bullet is pack and ready to make my 2 smoothies a day, I have healthy snacks and hope to at least partially stick to my cleanse. The case of Corona I’ve also packed isn’t going to help with that, but hey, I’m not going to worry about it! Its a weekend away with my besties and I’m going to enjoy it! Here’s a picture of us last year – sweet uni’s eh?
Any plans for the weekend?