Today marks the halfway point in the August Blogger Challenge, and I am super excited for today’s post. As I’ve said before, my iPod is in desperate need of an update, and today’s blogger question is a great way to discover some new (and old) tunes! So, What’s on your iPod? Hit shuffle and tell me the first 10 songs that come up!
Here are mine:
DJ Got us Fallin in Love – Usher
Sexy Back – JT
Bad Medicine – Bon Jovi
Sexy and I Know it – LMFAO
Black Betty – Tom Jones
Hit Me With Your Best Shot – Pat Benatar
What’s Up – 4 Non Blonds
What Makes You Beautiful – One Direction
Tonight Tonight – Hot Chelle Rae
Margaritaville – Jimmy Buffet
Now it’s your turn! What are 10 random songs on your iPod?
Todays Blogger Challenge Question is: What are your 5 favourite workout songs and why?
The timing of this post is perfect. I am starting to run again (as I train for the Niagara Falls International Half Marathon this October) and my playlist is in desperate need of an update! I didn’t run with music while training for The Toronto Women’s Half Marathon in May, and before that it had been a LONG time since I ran at all, which means super old songs on my iPod.
Here are 5 songs that I am definitely going to be adding to my updated playlist: (Warning: it kinda sounds like the playlist of a 12 year old girl, but oh well, the songs are fun, and keep me going…and that’s all that matters, right?!)
1. What Makes You Beautiful – One Direction
2. Fun – We Re Young
3. I Like How it Feels – Enrique Iglesias Feat. Pitbull
4. Call Me Maybe – Carly Rae Jepsen
5. You & I – Sweat Box
What are your 5 favourite songs to workout to?
So I’ve pretty much been M.I.A. for about a week now, and I must say its been a “SUPER” week!
1. I’ve been SUPER sick! I know last week I mentioned I had been to the doctor and just had a bad cold, but when I didn’t feel any better after another few days, I went back to the doctor only to find out that I had a sinus infection, a throat infection, and bronchitis! Awesome! Too bad I didn’t get that diagnosis the first time, I would have been about 3 days ahead in my recovery. Oh well, at least I got some meds and have been getting better every day. Sinus infection is completely gone, throat infection is almost gone, but I’m still feeling the heaviness and congestion in my chest. Hopefully that will clear up in the next few days. 🙂
2. I’ve been SUPER busy! In preparation for next weeks OFSAA Women’s Sports School Conference, I have been making handouts and creating sample workouts (with custom timed playlists) for my TRX Suspension Training Presenation. It has taken me much longer than I thought it would (isn’t that always the case…) in part because I couldn’t (and still can’t) find my TRX manual to provide me with the info I needed to make the handouts and workouts 🙂 I know… It’s been a while since I mentioned any decluttering projects… definitely need to get back at it!
Unfortunately that’s not the only thing I have on my plate right now. The conference ends Friday, and all day Saturday and Sunday I have my BodyAttack Training! In preparation for this crazy intense, physically challenging weekend, I have to basically memorize the entire 55 minutes of choreography and be ready to actually teach 2 tracks! So, not only have I been to a few extra Attack classes this week, I’ve actually been practicing the tracks repeatedly in my living room 🙂 I’m off to a good start, but still have a lot of practice to do before leaving for the conference Wednesday morning if I’m going to pass the training weekend!
3. My house has been SUPER neglected! Because I have been so busy trying to get ready for next week, and since I basically tore the house apart looking for my TRX manual, our house is a disaster! That sucks in many ways! One, my cleaning lady comes tomorrow, which means that I have a lot of tidying to do tonight so she can actually clean while she is here! Two, my mom is coming next week to help with the kids while I am away, and she is a NEAT FREAK! Not just a little neat freak, but a serious neat freak! So not only do I have to tidy, I have to tidy like my mom is coming! And three, I don’t really have time to clean it! Seriously, that’s why it’s this messy in the first place! I guess I know what I will be doing tonight after he kids are in bed!
What has your week been like? Better or worse than mine? More or less busy? What gets neglected when you get super busy?
Please tell me I’m not the only one!!!
Posted in Three Things Thursday, Uncategorized
Tagged BodyAttack, De-Clutter, exercise, Health, healthy-living, Music, OFSAA Women's Sports School, Playlist, sinus infection, Three Things Thursday, throat infection, training, travel, TRX Suspension Training, Workout
So this mornings 7 mile run was awesome! Despite this lingering cold and another crappy sleep, I kicked this run’s ass! How, you ask?
First – training – even though I’m only 4 weeks into the training program, I truly believe that the miles I’ve logged to date are building a solid base. I also think that since I’m getting into intensity based runs (race pace, hills and fartleks) and doing BodyAttack as my cross training my endurance is improving.
Second – friends- – I have to say that chatting with a few friends while running really helped pass the time and miles. Around the 3.5 mile mark, I ran (no pun intended) into my friend Ruth who I have not seen in forever and while she did her workout on the treadmill beside me we spent a solid 20 minutes catching up! It was great! Also, my friend Nikki stopped to chat for a few minutes as she was passing by, we chatted about our babies, lack of sleep and feeding schedules. Pretty exciting stuff, I know, but it made the second last mile so easy, I skipped my last 1 minute walk and jacked up the speed to finish.
And last but not least – the music – I have yet to update my playlist but the random tunes that played today were awesome!
Don’t forget to send me your faves, I need at least 2.5 hours of pump me up tunes to get me through the race!
Well, that’s it, three small things that had a big impact on today’s run! I hope next weeks long run is just as good!
It’s only 8 in the morning and I’m already enjoying the fact that today is a rest day! No rushing through breakfast, no bundling up the kids to get to the gym, no packing snacks…just a quiet morning at home!
With all the running that I will be doing I need some fresh tunes to keep me going! So today’s task – make a new playlist! Since I haven’t updated my Ipod in forever – I actually think it’s been since my last race – I’m really looking forward to the change. There are so many ‘new’ great songs out there!
Music is what’s going to get me through those long runs and the race, so having a solid playlist is imperative!
What’s on your workout/cardio/pump me up playlist? I’d love for you to share your faves. I’m going to need a ton of songs to get me to the finish line!
Thanks for your help! Happy Friday!