I’m not really one for New Year’s resolutions but definitely have a list of things I’d like to accomplish in 2013. So, here are 13 things I would like to do this year (in no particular order)…
1. Spend less, save more – I don’t really consider myself to be a big spender, but I’d like to be more aware of where our money is going and pay off more of our debt.
2. Run a 1:58 half marathon – This past October I ran my first sub 2 hour half and this year I would love to shave 2 minutes off my PB.
3. Try one new clean eating recipe a week – Since returning to work at the end of November I have struggled to prepare clean meals. I love eating clean and hope that with a little planning and the commitment to try a new recipe each week, I will get back and stay on track!
4. Become a certified RPM instructor – I’m planning on going to instructor training in March, so hopefully I will be a certified instructor by June!
5. Do 10 chin-ups – Currently I can do…ZERO!
6. Build Strength – The majority of my workouts are cardio based (BodyAttack, RPM, running) and I really want to make strength training a bigger part of my workout routine. I’m looking forward to trying out some new workout styles and mixing things up this year!
7. Go to bed earlier – I’d love to make a habit of being in bed by 9:30 every night, with the idea of being asleep by 10. I definitely function better on a good night sleep and I really feel that there is a strong connection between sleep and overall health.
8. Blog more – I really enjoy blogging and want to grow my blog. I’m not exactly sure how to do this, but with more consistency and fresh ideas, I hope to make it happen!
9. Run 3x a week – I definitely need to run more consistently if I am going to reach goal #2 , especially in the off season. Realistically, with all of the other cardio I do, three 5k’ers would be awesome!
10. Drink more water – I’m aiming for at least 2 litres a day.
11. Read 52 books – I love to read, but unfortunately only make time for it before falling asleep each night. My goal is to read a book a week, which might be a bit much, but if I actually do go to bed earlier, I can squeeze in a bit of extra reading time 🙂
12. Take at least 2 family trips – Ideas include mini-vacation, camping, cottaging, or maybe even a beach vacation….
13. Date night once a month – My husband and I rarely find/make time to go out on a date and I vow to change that this year! We will go out on at least 12 dates – nothing fancy, just dinner and/ or a movie, something like that – a chance to catch up and focus our attention solely on each other, rather than dividing it between us and the kids.
What are your goals for 2013?