- Hi, I'm Erin. Thanks for checking out my blog! Follow me as I attempt to manage life as a working mom of two small children while eating healthy, exercising regularly and running the occasional half marathon.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
TAGS40 Day Clean Eating Challenge blogging BodyAttack breakfast Calories Cardio Chia seeds chin-ups Clean Eating Clean Eating Challenge cleanse crossfit date night De-Clutter deep thoughts diet dinner Eat Clean Eat Clean Chocolate Chip Cookies evening snack exercise family Fitness fitspiration food Friday Favourites Friends Goals Goal Setting greek yogurt Green Smoothie Green Smoothie Challenge ground flax Half Marathon Health health living healthy-living healthy eating healthy lifestyle challenge hemp hearts hill training Hot Yoga inspiration isagenix Junk Food Long Run meal planning Motivation Motivational Monday Music nutrition Oatmeal Pancake Parenting Playlist race day reading Recipe RPM Run running Scrapbooking Skinny Jeans Challenge sleep snacks stress fracture Three Things Thursday Toronto Women's Half Marathon training Training Schedule travel vacation water wellness WIAW Workout
Tag Archives: Clean Eating
Hey everyone! Hope you all had a fantastic Easter weekend! We were pretty busy but managed to sneak in a little down time, and even a family nap on Sunday – it was awesome!
It’s time for a 13 in 2013 Recap. I totally missed February’s so here’s a February/March combo post letting you know how I’m making out with my 13 goals for 2013.
1. Spend less, save more – I am happy to report, we are spending less and saving more!
How are we spending less? Well, we are planning meals, grocery shopping only once a week, buying many items in bulk from Costco, and have not eaten dinner out in what seems like forever!
How are we saving more? Back in January, I came across this idea to help save money. We started right away and since it seemed so reasonable and allows for some flexibility, we decided to double the weekly amount. So, 14 weeks in we have just over $230 saved and didn’t notice it from our budget at all. By the end of the year, we will have set aside $2756! So easy!
2. Run a 1:58 half marathon – I plan on running
two maybe one half marathon s this year. My original plan was to run one in the spring and one in the fall, however, I’m thinking the spring one is not going to happen. I’m a little bummed about it, but really, I’m not loving running right now, and finding/making time to do it has been difficult with my husbands crazy busy work schedule. I’m disappointed because for the first time in forever, I actually ran over the winter. I joined the Winter 100 Challenge and it totally motivated me to run all winter. It was awesome, and I loved running. However, once the training schedule came out and running needed to follow a structured schedule, it totally took the fun out of it for me. Running hills on my lunch, taking time away from my family every Sunday, and having to miss out on other workouts I love, made me start to not love running anymore 😦
So, with that being said, I’m going to get back into running for fun. I hope to run 5,6, maybe 7k on my lunch a couple of times a week, and hope my mojo comes back!
And if I’m loving running again, maybe I will sign up to do a half this fall and aim to do it in 1:58!
3. Try one new clean eating recipe a week – As far as Clean Eating goes, February and March were pretty good. I made Dark Chocolate Chip No Bake Cookies, Blueberry Crumble Muffins (Clean Eating, Aug/Sept 2012), Potato, Leek and Cheddar Soup (Clean Eating Classic Comfort Foods), Oven Baked Chicken Parmesan (Clean Eating, March 2013), and Kale Chips.
You can find some of these recipes on the NEW Clean Eating Recipes Page above.
4. Become a certified RPM instructor – I
am was totally planning to on attend(ing) the March 23/24 training weekend HOWEVER, with my husbands crazy work schedule, and the launch of Gillian Michael’s BodyShred at GoodLife, I decided to hold off. As much as I love RPM, I would really, really love to get certified in BodyShred! Unfortunately for me, so would like a million other instructors and since numbers are limited, I’m not actually sure when this will happen for me 😦
In the meantime, I’m super excited to let you all know I am officially on the schedule teaching BodyAttack starting next week! WooHoo!
5. Do 10 chin-ups – This is yet another thing that totally took a hit when my half marathon training started 😦 I got into a funk and working out was of little interest to me – which is totally crazy, cause I love it! I will make this happen though! I’ve incorporated a chin-up challenge into both of my fitness classes this semester and will be re-starting the program mid-May.
6. Build Strength – I am getting stronger! Mixing up my workouts, adding in some CrossFit, Tabata and a bunch of other stuff is working! How do I know? I actually did the ENTIRE push-up track in Attack yesterday morning WITHOUT modifications, well, on my knees of course, but that’s how I roll! Amazing!
7. Go to bed earlier – I’m totally rocking this one! I have no idea when the last time I saw 10pm was!
8. Blog more – My goal was to blog 5 days a week – which would mean about 40 posts since my last update. How’d I do? Well, in February I posted 17 times and in March I only posted 11. So, my plan is to get back on track, make better use of my time and hopefully I will get back to 4 or 5 posts a week.
Anything in particular you’d like to read about? Let me know, I’m always looking for ideas!
9. Run 3x a week – As I said in goal #2, my plan is just to get running again. I hope to be running 3 times a week before the end of April. I want to keep if fun and love it again!
10. Drink more water – As always, room for improvement here! Bring on the warm weather so I can stop drinking WARM tea and starting drinking COLD water!
11. Read 52 books – Week 14 and I’m on my 9th book. Not bad. Maybe I need to chose some shorter books! Hehehe! Check out the Books I’ve Read page to see what I’ve been reading. Have you read a good book or two lately? I’d love some recommendations!
12. Take at least 2 family trips – Work in progress… Our trips will most likely occur during the summer, so we have a bit of time to choose where we will go and what we will do.
13. Date night once a month – Our February date night was dinner out at one of our favourite Mexican restaurants. We hit up Made in Mexico where the food was delicious and the Corona was cold!
I don’t think we actually made it out for date night in March 😦 Will have to try for two in April!
So that’s where I’m at. Not great, but not too bad either! I’m hoping April is the month where I get back in track, have time to enjoy the things I love, and continue to grow as a Happier, Healthier, More Fit Me!
How are you making out with your 2013 goals?
So, yesterday was my 1 year blogiversary! Yay! So fun!
Here’s a little summary of the first year of Happier, Healthier, More Fit Me…
… 281 posts
…. 23546 views
…. 768 followers
… And 4 blog awards
I’d have to say, that for the most part I have loved blogging. Some days finding the time or coming up with content has been difficult, but looking back at some of my posts, really makes it all worth it!
I love that my blog is a source of motivation, and that I have been able to noire others to live happier, healthier lives.
Thanks for a great first year, I’m looking forward to what’s ahead!
Happy Wednesday everyone!
Welcome to another edition of WIAW, however, I’m mixing things up a little this week and making my post About What I Ate Last Weekend.
As you may have read, I went away to a Bed and Breakfast for a scrapbooking retreat last weekend and as usual, the food was amazing! We went to Selywn Shores Waterfront Bed and Breakfast located in Lakefield Ontario. Martha, the owner of the B & B is a fantastic cook, and once again, we were not disappointed!
Here’s a little of what we are:
Saturday Brunch –
Saturday Dinner –
On the menu: corn ragout, broccoli salad, rice, baby bok choy with coconut, turnip apple casserole, pork tenderloin, strawberry cake with fresh strawberries.
Sunday Brunch –
On the menu: mixed greens with cucumber and veggies, carrot parsnip soup, mushroom ferno, mac and cheese, flank steak, fresh herb bread and chocolate chip cheesecake.
The food was absolutely amazing, and what’s also amazing is that Martha share her recipes, so I will be able to make my favourites at home! I cannot wait to make that Mac and Cheese! Yummo!
It’s only Wednesday and I’m already exhausted! We had a super busy weekend last weekend so I didn’t much of a chance to rest and its totally catchy up with me.
What does this mean?
Well it means today’s WIAW post is going to be short and sweet 🙂
Here’s what I ate today…
Breakfast – Whole wheat toast with almond butter and a glass of apple juice.
Snack – 1 Dark Chocolate Chip Walnut No Bake Coconut Cookie These cookies are amazing! I think next time I will add some oats to jazz them up a little more, but they are super yummy as is. And so easy to make!
Lunch – Leftover Chicken Fajitas and grapes
Snack – Pomegranate Seeds and Popchips
Dinner – Eat Clean Spinach and Turkey Sausage Pizza. You can find the link to recipe here
Well, that’s it for eats for today, and that’s it for this post! I’m outta here and off to bed!
Happy Hump Day everyone!