Wow, it’s hard to believe we are already approaching the end of January! It’s crazy how fast time is flying by!
I know you are not ‘average’ so you don’t really fit in with this stat, but did you know that of those who make resolutions or sets goals for the New Year only 64% stick with it through the first month!
Are you part of that 64%? Will you be part if the only 8% that stick with it all year long? I guess it’s time to ask yourself…
I am happy to say I am still doing well with my 2013 goals. Although I’ve been sidetracked with illness and injury, I feel as though I am still in control and on track. After 4 weeks, here’s where I’m at:
1. Spend less, save more – as always, this is a work in progress. As I was browsing the Internet for easy ways to save money, I came across a couple of great sites that I thought I would share with you:
Money Saving Mom, a blog dedicated to helping you find great deals, stretch your hard-earned dollars, and live on less than you make, so you can save more and give more. Each Monday in 2013 Crystal will be sharing a different way you can save money this year, check it out!
The Nourishing Gourmet is doing something similar with 52 ways to save money on a healthy diet. Check out her site for more money saving ideas!
This weeks money saving focus: do laundry only once this week – on the weekend, during low cost hours.
2. Run a 1:58 half marathon – Things are coming together! I’ve decided on a 12 week training program to prep me for my May 5th half marathon. Training officially starts February 12th! I will post a copy of my training schedule over the next few days if you are interested.
3. Try one new clean eating recipe a week – Last week I made 2 clean eating treats.
I made Dark Fudgy Brownies with Avocado from the January/February 2013 issue of Clean Eating Magazine. They were absolutely delicious! You should give them a try!
I also made Eat Clean Apple Crisp that was probably the BEST apple crisp I have ever had. You can find the recipe here.
4. Become a certified RPM instructor – I’ve finally made it back to RPM! It almost killed me after such a long time off, but I loved it! This latest release is intense!
5. Do 10 chin-ups – Week 3 of my chin-up program was put on hold as I dislocated a rib last Monday and needed to give the surrounding muscles a chance to heal. I will be taking another week off and getting back into it next Monday.
Maybe I’ve finally learned to start listening to my body!
6. Build Strength – I’ve also had to put my strength training workouts on hold too, but will also be restarting those on Monday too.
7. Go to bed earlier – I’ve mastered this one! Last week I went to be ridiculously early – like 7:30 early – on more than one occasion. It was awesome!
8. Blog more – Last week was another great week in the blogging world. I posted 6 times and I’m hosting my first ever giveaway! I am also working on building a Happier, Healthier, More Fit Me Pinterest account and Facebook page.
9. Run 3x a week – Last week was a terrible week run-wise. With the crazy cold front that hung around most of the week, running outside was pretty much impossible. I did make it to the gym for a treadmill run once, but overall, I’m pretty disappointed with my progress last week 😦
Stats: 1 run, 4 miles, 38:29, 424 calories.
Goal Check: 100 miles by February 28
Yikes! Better get running if I’m going to reach my goal!
10. Drink more water – Getting better, but still need to drink more water!
11. Read 52 books – Last week I finished my 2nd book of 2013 – The House of Sand and Fog – and I’ve now started to read Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn and Run Less Run Faster by Runner’s World Magazine.
12. Take at least 2 family trips – planning in progress
13. Date night once a month – Thinking dinner at the Keg to celebrate hubby’s birthday will be our night out this month!
So, overall, not too bad. I can definitely say some of these goals have become habits and are now no brainers. There are a few things I still really need to focus on, but I feel as though I am moving in the right direction! Now that I’ve made it though the first 4 weeks, I am going to be doing monthly rather than weekly updates.
How are you doing with your 2013 goals? Are you on track? Losing momentum? Or kicking butt? I’d love an update!