Happy Hump Day everyone! I can’t believe it’s already Wednesday!
TODAY’S CHALLENGE is to fill up on fiber!
Fiber is fabulous for so many reasons:
- it aids in weight loss because fiber fills you up so you eat less overall
- it helps regulate blood sugar levels and thereby decreasing your chances of developing diabetes
- it helps keep you regular
- is decreases your risk of heart disease and stroke by helping lower cholesterol levels
- it helps protect against colon cancer by helping food pass through your system faster preventing harmful substances found in foods from affecting the colon
- Bite into your favourite fruits and vegetables; choose whole grain bread, cereal, or pasta; or eat some beans!
- Be sure to eat both soluble and insoluble fiber. Soluble fiber helps both your cholesterol and blood glucose levels, while insoluble fiber helps food move through your digestive tract.
- Women should be getting between 28-32 grams of fiber daily, while men should be getting about 35-40 grams per day.
Here is a list of high fiber foods:
Don’t forget to drink your water – eating fiber without drinking water can have a negative effect on the body 😦
Have a great day!