Welcome to Day 1 of the Healthy Lifestyle Challenge!
Today’s challenge is serving two purposes – not only is it a daily challenge, but it also also your first weekly challenge!
TODAY’S CHALLENGE/WEEK 1 CHALLENGE:
Drink at least half of your body weight in water every day.
For example, if you weigh 140 pounds, try to drink 70 ounces if water every day this week.
Check out this cool infographic!
Here are some great suggestions on how to drink more water:
- carry a water bottle with you everywhere you go
- have a glass of water before every meal and snack
- add fresh lemon or lime to give your water some fresh flavour
- replace high calorie/high sugar juices and pop with water
- set goals – aim to drink a bottle of water before every break in your day – i.e. before you leave the house, before lunch, before leaving work at the end of the day, and before bed
- check out any of these three apps that help you track your water consummption Get Hydrated, Healthy 100 & Tupperware Water Tracker or Water Tracker
Still struggling? For even more suggestions on how to up your water intake click here.
If you are looking for more specific information on how much water you should be drinking – check out this hydration calculator and find out.
Good luck with this week’s challenge. Please share your successes and struggles in the comments section below. And don’t forget to check back for tomorrow’s challenge!