Happy Friday everyone!
Welcome to the second best day of the week, or maybe the third, depending on how you feel about Sunday’s – do you love them cause it’s a whole day to spend with family, or do you hate em’ cause all you think about is having to go back to work the next day…either way, Friday’s are pretty awesome! And what better way to kick off the weekend then sharing with you some of my favourite things…
Welcome to the first edition of Friday Favourites, a weekly blog about some of my favourite things.
This week I will share with you one of my favourite Running Apps – Runkeeper.
Runkeeper is an app available for use on your iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad and is designed to track your runs, walks, and bike rides using the GPS in your phone. It can also track workouts on a elliptical and treadmill, skiing, snowboarding, swimming, skating.
I LOVE this app!
- It gives you a ton of info up-to-date including your pace, distance, and time.
- It generates live maps of your workouts
- It plays music from your playlists
- It shows you a detailed history of your activities and compares your progress from week to week
- It notifies you of your personal best and milestones
- It allows you to set goals and measures your progress as you work to reach them
- It comes with a ton of training programs including 5k, 10k, Half and Full Marathon programs – with options according to goal time.
- It allows you to take pictures as you run to share with others and save
- You can posts your activities to Facebook, twitter and friends on Runkeeper
I also just found out that it will recognize my Garmin 410 heart rate monitor – I will definitely be giving that a try in the near future.
Overall, I think Runkeeper is a pretty awesome app! It provides you with every piece of information you could possibly want to know about your workout. It’s super easy to use and the best part is…it’s FREE!
Do you use Runkeeper?
What’s your favourite running app?