I find that planning is the key to reaching my goals of eating clean and exercising regularly.
Step 1: Plan a weekly menu. Here’s my plan for the week.
- Monday – Grilled Chicken, Asparagus and Peppers
- Tuesday – Eat Clean Spinach and Turkey Sausage Pizza
- Wednesday – Pork Kabobs with Cucumber and Tomato Salad
- Thursday – Greek Feta Burgers and Summer Pasta Salad
- Friday – Pesto Pasta with Seasonal Veggies
- Saturday – Chicken Tacos with Guacamole and Tostitos
Step 2: Make a grocery list and go shopping. Make sure you have everything you need to make all your meals for the week. Make sure you pick up fruits and veggies for healthy snacks. Avoid picking up unhealthy foods and snacks – if they aren’t in the house, you won’t be tempted to eat them!
Step 3: Plan your workouts for the week. Here’s my exercise plan for the week. I also think its important to actually schedule them into your day.
- Monday – rest day 🙂
- Tuesday – BodyAttack – 8:30 – 9:30 am
- Wednesday – 5K run – after Tanner’s doctors appt – around 10:30am
- Thursday – CXWorx and BodyAttack 5:15 – 6:45 pm
- Friday – Walking…lots of walking, we are going to the zoo!
- Saturday – Long Run – either 14k or 10k – 8 – 10 am
- Sunday – BodyAttack – 8:15 – 9:15 am
Do you plan your menus and workouts?
How do you stay on track with healthy eating and exercise?