Lately I have not been eating very clean and it is totally affecting everything about me. I’m tired, lacking energy, rundown, lacking patience, and at times, kinda bitchy!
To get me back on track, I am going to do a 40 Day Clean Eating Challenge. I’m going to eat clean, and only clean, from now – May 22nd until June 30th. My original thought was to challenge myself through the month of June…then I thought…why not start after my Half Marathon next weekend?..and then I realized that eating better before the run would probably be pretty helpful come race day….
So, I’m starting today – Tuesday, May 22nd, I am challenging myself to 40 days of Eating Clean! With the exception of next Sunday – I am allowing myself a one day lapse to enjoy a Corona or two and maybe a non-clean lunch after my Half Marathon.
So, what exactly is Eating Clean? Well, it’s:
- eating 5 to 6 small meals each day
- eating every 2-3 hours
- eating lean protein and complex carbs at each meal
- drinking at least 8 cups of water each day
- avoiding processed and refined foods – especially white flour and sugar
- avoiding foods high in saturated and trans fats
- avoiding sugary foods – like pop, candy and fruit jiuce
- avoiding fried foods
- eating healthy fats
- avoiding alcohol
- being conscious of portion size
- eating slowly
- packing healthy lunches and snacks
- plan my weekly meals and snack
- make a weekly grocery list to go along with my menu (and actually bring it to the store with me!)
- prepare dinners that are large enough to have leftovers for lunch the next day
- bake Clean snacks (treats) to always have on hand so I am not tempted my other not-so-healthy treats
- use YOU to help me stay on track – on top of my (somewhat) regular posts, I am also going to post about my Clean Eating Challenge – but don’t worry… I won’t bombard you with posts
What do I hope to accomplish? Well, that’s easy!
- Better eating habits – I figure by ONLY eating clean for 40 days I will overcome my sugar cravings and be all set to carry on with the Clean Eating lifestyle.
- More energy! By filling my body with clean, healthy foods, Iknow I will feel better and be energized!
- Sleep better. I used to sleep great, but lately, I have really been struggling at both falling and staying asleep. I’m hoping that eating less sugar and drinking less caffeine will help.
- Less cranky and more patience. If I’m feeling better, have more energy and get more sleep, I’m pretty sure this will just happen, at least that’s what I’m hoping!
- Get lean. By Eating Clean and workout out regularly I hope to lean up a but more and finally reach my body fat percentage goal.
This Week’s Menu
Tuesday – Egg White and Turkey Scramble (from The Eat Clean Diet Cookbook)
Wednesday – Eat Clean Chicken, Spinach and Ricotta Quesadillas (from The Eat Clean Diet Cookbook)
Thursday – Eat Clean BBQ Chicken Deep Dish Pizza (from Clean Eating Classic Comfort Foods 2012)
Friday – leftovers
Saturday – Eat Clean Sausage and Pepper Penne (from Clean Eating Classic Comfort Foods 2012)
Treat – Eat Clean Caramel Coconut Chewy Bars (also from Clean Eating Classic Comfort Foods 2012)
So, why don’t you join me for The 40 Day Eat Clean Challenge?
I’d love to hear how it goes and what Clean Eating recipes you are trying.